Southeast Economic Mobility CLIFF Partnership
The goal of this project is to share experience and learning to accelerate the use of the Atlanta Fed's CLIFF Dashboard and Planner. Among other uses, the CLIFF Dashboard and Planner can help families select the best educational and career options and map a plan for financial stability during the time they are engaged with local support agencies. The partners in this project believe these tools will help families make wiser career decisions and allow local organizations to spend resources strategically to provide what is most needed at the right time. With them, we seek to better calculate when and how to apply available local funds and services within communities so that families can reach sustainability in a timely manner while contributing to their communities.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Office of the Region 4 Administration for Children & Families (R4 ACF) Regional Administrator
- South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families
- Southeast Regional Office of the Food and Nutrition Service
- Thrive Together Jefferson County Collaborative
- Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council Inc.
Shared work areas
- Client-centric, whole-family intergenerational support
- Continuum-of-service model (e.g., asset mapping, case management)
- Equity, cliffs, and economic mobility
- Food security/nutrition
- Harm reduction and prevention
- Prevention and social capital
- Social determinants of health
- Improve asset mapping: Improve use of collective resources by (1) broadening understanding of the full range of resources needed to effectively serve clients (two generations, whole family) and (2) increasing the ability to anticipate and plan to account for the loss or reduction of supporting benefits.
- Improve case management: Identify how public benefits interact with in-demand career pathways in specific geographic areas. Key stakeholders in the workforce development system can use this information to support workers and job seekers in their movement towards economic mobility.
- Install a continuum-of-service model.
- Provide value and gain learning through the application of the CLIFF tool.
- Inform policy: Analyze interactions and identify possible policy solutions for a coordinated response that supports workers' movement along pathways to in-demand careers in key industries that pay sustainable wages.