- Why students should understand investing
- Coming soon: Second Classroom Economist
- Share the Wealth: Guaranteeing a high return rate
- Why do women earn less?
- Economics of the BP oil spill
- Share the Wealth: Teaching students savvy saving
- The Classroom Economist debuts
- Car insurance basics
- QE2: Fed monetary policy
- Share the Wealth: Teaching budgeting
DepartmentsCalendar of Events
Coming soon: Second module of Classroom Economist
What is money? Why have it? What are its functions? Atlanta Fed vice president and economist Mike Bryan answers these questions and more in a video segment of our second-quarter Classroom Economist, "What Is Money?" In addition to the "Ask the Economist" video with Bryan, the Classroom Economist web page will offer a lesson demonstration on money, a resources guide for learning and teaching about money, and other tools for the classroom.
Released quarterly, the Classroom Economist site presents information on core economic or Federal Reserve topics for teachers to use in the classroom or for their own professional development. Video and PowerPoint clarify content and enhance teachers' understanding of these topics.
For more information or to view the inaugural module of the Classroom Economist, which featured inflation, go to frbatlanta.org/education/classroom-economist.Related Links
March 31, 2011