Although several of the COVID-19 related financial assistance programs have expired, others have evolved or been extended. It is important to know what assistance is available in case you need it. Financial Tips provides updated resources and information for several programs.
- Small businesses can still get debt and loan relief from the Small Business Administration. The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) expired on August 8.
- The Internal Revenue Service has extended the deadline to register for an Economic Impact Payment for those people who do not typically file a tax return. The new deadline is November 21, 2020.
- The U.S. Department of Education has extended federal student loan repayment and interest rate suspension to December 31, 2020.
- Mortgage forbearance is when your mortgage servicer or lender allows you temporarily to reduce your payments or postpone them. Find out if this program can help you.
- COVID-19 related unemployment benefits have changed. Contact your state’s unemployment insurance program for up-to-date information.
The Atlanta Fed continues to provide COVID-19 related resources to help you during this time.