During this unprecedented period, many people face challenging financial conditions that are testing their resilience. This month we provide resources for coping during this uncertain period, which may provide some relief to those experiencing financial challenges.
- Mortgage help for homeowners is available. You may be eligible to delay making your monthly mortgage payments if your loan is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- Relief is being provided for many federal student loan borrowers. Your payments will temporarily stop through September 30, 2020.
- Dial 211 for free, confidential information and referrals about local health and human services.
- Explore job openings in your area. Find available jobs by entering your city or ZIP code in the online search tool.
- Beware of coronavirus phishing scams. Don’t let criminals play on your fears. Don’t open attachments and click on links from senders you do not recognize.
Additionally, the Atlanta Fed has developed a list of COVID-19 resources and events for help navigating these uncertain times.