Nota del editor: Este artículo también está disponible en español.
April is Financial Literacy Month. This month—dedicated to educating all people—aims to help individuals plan for a secure financial future. Setting short-, medium-, and long-term personal and financial goals is an important first step. While working, it is essential for everyone to build and routinely monitor their savings and investment plan to provide for a stable source of income in retirement. These tips and resources can help you develop your investment plan.
- Begin planning for retirement by asking these questions:
- How much can I save?
- How much risk can I tolerate?
- How much income will I need?
- When will I be able to retire?
- This calculator and these tips will help you answer these important questions.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s website, investor.gov, can show you the basics of risk and federally insured deposit accounts that can protect some of your savings.
- Make an informed decision about your optimal age to retire. The Social Security Administration’s guide can assist you with this very personal decision.
- Read important information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about protecting your pension and your home in retirement.