For immediate release: January 7, 2022
NASHVILLE, Tenn.—The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta announces the appointment of Amanda W. Hite and Marshall Earl Crawford Jr. to the Nashville Branch board of directors by the Atlanta board of directors. Hite will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2022, and ending December 31, 2024. Crawford will serve an unexpired term beginning January 1, 2022, and ending December 31, 2023.
Hite is president of STR in Hendersonville, Tennessee, a subsidiary of commercial real estate analytics company CoStar Group. She is a board member at the American Hotel and Lodging Association and the U.S. Travel Association. Hite is a graduate of Birmingham-Southern College.
Crawford is president and chief executive officer of The Housing Fund Inc. in Nashville, Tennessee. He previously served as the chair of the CEO Advisory Committee at the Center for Nonprofit Management in Nashville and a member of Leadership Tennessee. Crawford has a master's degree in public administration from the University of Nebraska Omaha and a bachelor's degree in finance from Western Kentucky University.
The Bank also announces the following reappointments:
- Thomas Zacharia, laboratory director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory and president and CEO of UT-Battelle LLC in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, was reappointed by the Board of Governors to a three-year term beginning January 1, 2022, and ending December 31, 2024.
- Leif Murphy, president and CEO of TeamHealth Holdings Inc. in Knoxville, Tennessee, was reappointed by the Atlanta board of directors to a three-year term beginning January 1, 2022, and ending December 31, 2024.
The remaining directors of the Atlanta Fed's Nashville Branch include:
- Matthew S. Bourlakas, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee Inc. in Nashville (term expires December 31, 2022);
- Amber W. Krupacs, chief financial officer and executive vice president of Clayton Homes in Maryville, Tennessee (term expires December 31, 2022); and
- Amanda Mathis, chief financial officer of Bridgestone Americas Inc. in Nashville, Tennessee (term expires December 31, 2023).
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta branch directors provide economic information from their industries and the branch territory to the district Bank's president and head office directors, who use the information in discussing monetary policy options and making discount rate recommendations. The Board of Governors appoints three of the Nashville Branch directors, and the Atlanta head office directors appoint four.