For immediate release: January 10, 2023
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta announces the appointment of R. Andrew Watts to the Jacksonville Branch board of directors. Watts was appointed by the Atlanta board of directors to a three-year term beginning January 1, 2023, and ending December 31, 2025.
Watts is executive vice president, chief financial officer, and treasurer of Brown & Brown Inc. in Daytona Beach, Florida. Brown & Brown is an insurance brokerage firm that has delivered risk management solutions to individuals and businesses since 1939. Watts is a graduate of Illinois State University.
Lisa Palmer, president and CEO of Regency Centers Corporation in Jacksonville, was reappointed by the Board of Governors to a three-year term beginning January 1, 2023, and ending December 31, 2025.
The other directors of the Atlanta Fed's Jacksonville Branch are:
- Edward A. Moratin (board chair), president and CEO of LIFT Orlando (term expires December 31, 2023),
- Monesia Brown, director of public affairs and government relations of Walmart Inc. in Tallahassee (term expires December 1, 2024),
- Timothy P. Cost, president of Jacksonville University in Jacksonville (term expires December 1, 2024),
- William O. West, chief executive officer Tampa Bay Banking Company and vice chair of the Bank of Tampa (term expires December 1, 2023), and
- Brian Wolfburg, president and CEO of VyStar Credit Union in Jacksonville (term expires December 31, 2024).
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta branch directors provide economic information from their industries and the branch territory to the district Bank's president and head office directors, who use the information in discussing monetary policy options and making discount rate recommendations. The Board of Governors appoints three of the Jacksonville Branch directors, and the Atlanta head office directors appoint four.