Nota del editor: Este artículo también está disponible en español.
Since 2004, April has been designated as Financial Literacy Month. Although this month calls attention to the importance of learning more about managing your money and planning your financial future, the Atlanta Fed's Financial Tips focuses on a different topic each month on a wide variety of money matters, from opening a bank account and managing credit to buying a home and avoiding financial scams. In celebration of this month’s focus, we revisit some highlights from the series.
- One of the first financial steps many people take is opening a bank account. Learn what to consider when opening an account and how to find a financial institution that meets your needs.
- Understanding how credit works can help you save money and achieve your financial goals. Learn more about the basics of credit, credit reports, and how to pay down debt.
- Spring is when many students hear from colleges about admission decisions and make plans for postsecondary education. Understand the options for financing your education and how to manage student loans.
- Home ownership can be a foundation for building wealth. Prepare yourself for the process by learning the benefits and costs of owning a home, how to be ready financially to buy a home, and the pros and cons of taking out a home equity line of credit if you already own a home.
- Keep your money safe by knowing your rights as a consumer, protecting yourself from identify theft, and discovering ways to protect your financial information to avoid being a victim of financial scams.